Charis Dumfries offers the full two year Charis curriculum and the full Third Year Leadership Programme through the Charis Hybrid Programme.
Charis Hybrid is a unique blend of independent study and face-to-face time with instructors and other students who are determined to go deeper with God.
The course runs from early September to May each year.
You’ll study courses at home….
Most of the curriculum courses will be watched from the comfort of your own home, at your leisure. You will be assigned 8 fifty-minute lessons each week. You will have the freedom to watch the lessons at your own pace and time during the week.
…and meet fellow students and local instructors at Charis Dumfries.
Students meet 16 Saturdays over each year (typically two Saturdays per month) for worship, live teaching, guest speakers, ministry training and group discussions. These interactions will help you process the lessons you’ve studied at home with an emphasis on putting the Word into action in your personal life.
Here’s the schedule for a typical Saturday for First Year students at Charis Dumfries
10.00. Welcome, Worship and Holy Communion.
11.00. Live teaching from a Charis Dumfries team member.
12.00. Live teaching from a Charis Dumfries team member.
13.00. Lunch break
14.00. More live teaching
15.00. Prayer Ministry Training
16.00. Group discussion and review of courses studied at home
17.00. Home time.
Second Year students spend the morning with the First Year students receiving live teaching. After lunch the remaining three hours of the day are spent in workshops training to preach and teach, and preparing for the mission trip. There is also opportunity to review the practical ministry courses students will have studied at home.
The Third Year Leadership Programme is a unique blend of the best of the Third Year Ministry track and the Third Year Business track recorded at Charis Woodland Park, Colorado. Charis Dumfries students watch these videos at home, and engage in live teaching tutorials at the Saturday Schools in Dumfries.
On a typical Saturday Third Year students in Dumfries spend the first hour of the day with the rest of the college in worship. The remaining five hours are spent in specialised tutorials covering the following topics:
- How to teach effectively drawing on the anointing and communication skills
- Event management and team dynamics
- A review of the business modules studied at home
- How to lead Communions, Offerings, Discipleship classes and more
- A real-time project management exercise
Charis Hybrid is for any person who has career, church or family obligations, yet has a deep desire to gain more understanding of the Word of God and wants to grow in their relationship with the Lord.
Charis Hybrid is ideal for those who know there’s more to life than they are experiencing and want to discover God’s purpose and plan, while maintaining their everyday responsibilities!
Who should attend?
- People with week-day occupations
- Full-time mums and dads
- People who need to work full time
- People who are fully committed to their local church.
- Those unable to move close to a Charis location, but can travel a distance for 16 Saturdays a year.
- People who prefer to study at their own convenience
- People who like to discuss issues in groups
- People looking to worship and fellowship with like-minded believers
- People looking for live teaching from mature and experienced local instructors.
- People who want to attend a Bible College
- People who want to develop a closer relationship with God
- People looking for full-time ministry training
We’ve made this Hybrid Programme to fit in with your schedule!
The Hybrid programme includes the full First and Second year curriculum and the full Third Year Leadership Programme and costs the same price as attending a Charis Day School in the UK.
For more information on the Hybrid Programme at Charis Dumfries contact us.
Or Apply here.